Welcome to the most modern diagnostic unit in Vienna!
Since the beginning of 2015 the services of the diagnostic unit PETSCAN have been fully available to our patients. The doctors's office is headed by the internationally recognized radiologist and nuclear medicine specialist OA Dr. Martin Heinisch.
All examination procedures are supervised by a specialist and are subject to high-quality guidance and performance.
PET-CT -> Cancer imaging diagnostics
Our entire team is always at your service to discuss your medical reports and render any assistance you may need.
- We offer immediate appointments without waiting periods.
- We offer state-of-the-art technology for the highest level of diagnostic safety.
- Our high-end PET-CT device guarantees lowest radiation doses in shortest periods of examination time.
- OA Dr. Martin Heinisch, dual specialist in radiology and nuclear medicine, and his team will be pleased to assist you and answer any questions you may have.
- On request, we consult with your attending oncologist to clarify interdisciplinary issues.
- Taking into account any previous medical examinations you may have had and your complete medical reports, we provide you with comprehensive information about your individual PET-CT scan.
Costs and refunds
At present, only private insurance companies refund the costs for your examination if covered by the insurance contract.
However, we are working on making our services payable by public health insurance in the future.
PET-CT diagnostics are highly exact and performed with greatest care. Numerous international studies confirm the cost efficiency of PET-CT examinations.
The effectiveness of chemotherapy can be investigated with greatest precision. Less effective therapies may be discontinued immediately, thus avoiding unnecessary side-effects and high costs.
As the special tracer is produced for each individual PET-CT examination, a cancellation fee can be charged in the case of non-timely cancellation of the examination or in the case of a not feasible examination.
You will receive images and reports of PET-CT, as a rule, on the next working day. After the examination we will schedule an appointment for you to pick up and discuss your reports.